Last Updated on November 10, 2022 by ghiselle rousso
When it comes to Hunters Element jackets, we tend to overlook the fact that they need proper care too. Our jackets go through a lot, especially when we use them aggressively. They accumulate dirt, seep in water, and perform well in the toughest weather conditions.
In such cases, keeping the jackets in top-notch condition may seem like a tedious job, but with some helpful tips and tricks, you will be able to l ensure the longevity and life expectancy of your jackets. A bit of care will extend the life of the jackets and save you a lot of money. In this article, you will get to know how to take proper care of one of Hunters Element jackets; read on to know more in detail to have an overall better understanding!
The New Must-Have for Hunters: Element Jackets
Hunters Element has made some big strides in its new line of men’s jackets and they are hoping to keep the trend going with their new line of women’s jackets, too. With high-quality materials and stylish designs, the jackets will be hard to pass up when looking for your next outerwear purchase. Keep reading to learn more about Hunter Element jackets and keeping them in good condition all year long.
How To Keep Your Hunters Element Jacket In Pristine Condition
After serving you for your most memorable adventures, your outerwear expects a little bit of tender love and care. However, there are certain things to keep in mind while cleaning your waterproof gear.
How to Check the Water Resistance?
With years of usage, even waterproof jackets get worn off. The water resistance decays. That is when you need to check and restore it.
To check if the gear is still waterproof, you need to lay it flat and spray it with some water. If the garment absorbs the water, it means that it has a little bit of restoration.
DWR, or durable water-repellent treatment, keeps rain away while a breathable and waterproof coating saves you from getting wet. But dirt and body oils can clog both the coating and the DWR, which loses their effectiveness. It is better to wash and clean your Hunters Element jackets once you see any stain or dirt on them or if it starts absorbing water. You can spot-wash small patches of dirt from time to time. However, you must wash it thoroughly if it gets extremely dirty.
These are the steps that you must follow to clean your water-resistant Hunters Element Jacket and gear. You can follow up with a necessary waterproofing treatment if it is necessary.
Get The Most Out Of Your Hunters Element Jacket: Tips For Cleaning
- The jackets come with a tag that has all the washing instructions. You should follow them carefully to avoid any damage to the gear. You may know some or the other tips to clean such jackets, but it is better to follow the brand’s guidelines as these guidelines may vary from brand to brand.
- Make sure there is no residue of a detergent left in your water machine’s detergent slot.
- Use a specialized wash made specifically for waterproof jackets. You can also use any mild detergent without anything like a stain remover. Never use bleach, fabric softeners or any other additives to wash your Hunters Element jackets. It may cause damage to the water-resistant layer of the outerwear.
- Check if your jacket has any dirt patches. You can clean it with a damp cloth but don’t be abrasive. You can also spot clean grease stains with a little bit of technical wash.
- To prevent any possibility of ripping the garment, you should zip the jacket well and close all the hooks and loops. Always check the pockets before putting the Hunters Element jackets in the washing machine.
Finally, if you expose your Hunters Element jacket to direct sunlight or heavy rainfall, or for a matter of fact, any harsh weather conditions, it will gradually lose its color and durability sooner than expected. But then, these jackets are made to work as heavy-duty gear. A little care after every use can help keep the longevity and the quality of the outerwear.