QuickBooks Desktop needs to be registered and activated when it is first put to use on any computer. If you use more than one copy of QuickBooks Desktop, each one must be registered or turned on separately. Most of the time, QuickBooks Desktop will register or activate itself, but the process can be done manually as well. If you want to register your QuickBooks desktop software version, you should make sure to follow the guidelines of this article with keen attention. Meanwhile, if you feel the need for support, just ring us a call at +1-800-761-1787.
Points to keep in mind while Registering QuickBooks
Before you activate or register your QuickBooks, make sure to pay keen attention to the following pointers
- Press the F2 key to see the Product Information Window in QuickBooks. After that, check to see if the copy has been activated.
- If you get the message The validation code is wrong when you try to activate, check that both the license and the product number are typed correctly.
- Make sure that TLS 1.2 is turned on and that Internet Explorer 11 is installed in your Operating system.
Steps to Register or Activate QuickBooks
For Windows Users:
After installing QuickBooks, you have to activate it before you can use it. The screen will show a window that tells you to turn on QuickBooks. You can also manually activate the QuickBooks Desktop by taking the steps below:
- When the QuickBooks Desktop program is open, press the F2 key to reveal the Product Information window.
- Look at the information to the right of the License number and check the registration status.
- Herein, you are required to note the current status of your registration. If the status shows that you haven’t registered yet, then proceed ahead with the process of registering QuickBooks. The steps to get QuickBooks registered are as follows:
- Click the Ok tab to close the Product Information window.
- Under the Help menu, click on the Activate QuickBooks link.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the activation process.
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac Computers:
To activate or register QuickBooks for Mac computers, follow the steps below:
- Startup QuickBooks and click on the Help menu tab.
- Then, from the menu, choose the option to Register QuickBooks.
- After putting in the License Number and Product Number, click the Next tab.
- From the menu, choose the option to Register Online.
- To finish the registration, you must follow the instructions that show up on the screen.
For QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and Earlier Versions
Versions of QuickBooks that came out before the 2016 version have been stopped. You can’t sign up for versions like this. But if an older version had been registered before, it could be registered again. We hope that this brief blog helped you with the process to Register or Activate QuickBooks Desktop. If you need further guidance related to this issue, just ring us a call at our 24/7 active helpline +1-800-761-1787. Our certified experts will assist you.
Apart from that, if you are interested to know about Top 6 Steps for Developing a Successful Android App then visit our Tech category.